How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?

  1. #1
    projectplanner
    Guest

    How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?

    I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have
    varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names.
    Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05,
    ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very
    appreciated. : )

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?

    It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources
    that might help:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    projectplanner
    Guest

    RE: How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates

    Wow. Thank you, John. I think I am in love. PERFECT help info, just what I
    needed.

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates

    Hey, he didn't do any of the work!

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  5. #5
    projectplanner
    Guest

    Re: How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates

    : ) Then you get kisses, LOTS of 'em!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

    Nancy
    projectplanner