Mouse over effect, anyone know how to do it?

  1. #1
    Mark Stephens
    Guest

    Mouse over effect, anyone know how to do it?

    I have a line chart with a number of series. You know how if you mouse over
    a line a tool tip shows showing the value, that tells me that excel can
    detect the mouse over event over a line. Is it then possible to use this
    capability to change the colour of the line whilt the mouse is over it? The
    effect I am after is a glow when the mouse is over a particular line on the
    chart.

    Any help would be much appreciated as it will be a cool effect.

    Kind regards, Mark Stephens

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Mouse over effect, anyone know how to do it?

    Mark -

    Read my article on Chart Events:

    http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Mouse over effect, anyone know how to do it?

    Mark,

    I tried to put something together but I'm not too thrilled with the
    functionality. In any event, in addition to Jon's article maybe this can
    help:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._a_line_chart/

    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  4. #4
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Mouse over effect, anyone know how to do it?

    Mark,

    Jon Peltier and Andy Pope have provided some further input on how the code
    could be improved. These techniques work better that what I originally
    posted. Please take a look at the comments related to this post:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._a_line_chart/

    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com