Boy do I need your help with charting!

  1. #1
    Marty
    Guest

    Boy do I need your help with charting!

    OK, here's the story.
    My wife needs a graph that is way out of my league.
    Here's the requirements and oh by the way this is due in completion by
    Sunday night: ; )

    I need to create a graph that will be embedded in a word document.
    The graph itself will be a simple x y scatter, but it needs to be divided
    into 4 equal squares.
    In each square I need to write words.

    I don't even know if it can be done or where to begin.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Boy do I need your help with charting!

    Hi,

    Have a look at these to pages on how to do quadrants and assign text to
    data labels.

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...endent_points/
    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...ed_area_chart/

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Boy do I need your help with charting!

    The easiest way to add text to a chart is to use a textbox. Click on
    the chart and start typing. XL will add a textbox to the chart. You
    can reposition/format it as desired.

    If you must use chart labels, use either of Bovey's or Walkenbach's
    solutions. If you decide to do it yourself see
    Dynamic Chart Title
    http://www.tushar-
    mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/index.html

    The same concept that applies to a title applies to labels.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Multi-disciplinary business expertise
    + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
    Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

    In article <GOBge.1525$3%[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...