Can I keep the bubbles in my bubble chart from overlapping?

  1. #1
    B_Gr
    Guest

    Can I keep the bubbles in my bubble chart from overlapping?

    I'd like to create a bubble chart in which the bubbles don't overlap. I have
    15 data points I need to include, and bubbles seem to be the only 3-variable
    chart available (I wish I could do bars where the bar width was linked to a
    3rd variable - that possible?). Currently, the smaller bubbles are fine, but
    the larger data points are overlapping and even covering up some of the
    smaller ones right next to them.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Can I keep the bubbles in my bubble chart from overlapping?

    If you sort your data high to low, at least the smaller bubbles will be
    drawn on top of the larger ones, so they will not be completely obscured.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services