Shape error

  1. #1
    Herbert Seidenberg
    Guest

    Shape error

    Here is a modified version of Andy Pope's Line_Direction.xls VBA
    program at
    http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng10.htm
    Sub pointer()
    Dim angle As Integer
    Dim Start As Double
    Dim ArrowHead As Shape
    Set ArrowHead = Sheets("data").Shapes("arrow2")
    For angle = 0 To 180 Step 10
    With ArrowHead
    .LockAspectRatio = msoFalse
    .Left = 72
    .Top = 210
    .Rotation = angle
    .Height = 0.3 * (angle + 50)
    .Width = 0.3 * (1.5 * (angle + 50))
    .Copy
    End With
    'Sheets("chart1").SeriesCollection("track").Points(10).Paste
    Start = Timer
    Do While Timer < Start + 0.2
    Loop
    Next angle
    End Sub

    It works as expected, but when I uncomment the Sheets...Paste line,
    I get the error message:
    Method 'Height' of object 'Shape' failed.
    If I comment out Height/Width, ...Paste works as expected.
    How can I get Height/Width and Paste to work together?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Shape error

    Hi Herbert,

    I can't recreate you problem so can you email your workbook and I will
    have a look.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Herbert Seidenberg
    Guest

    Re: Shape error

    Thanks Andy,
    Copying from the chart to the point worked much better than copying
    from the worksheet to the point.
    Herb