move y-axis labels on column chart from left to right side

  1. #1
    Kaye
    Guest

    move y-axis labels on column chart from left to right side

    I have a standard column chart, and want to move the y-axis labels from the
    left side of the chart to the right side of the chart, but cannot change type
    of chart. this is Excel 2000. Is this possible to do?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: move y-axis labels on column chart from left to right side

    Hi,

    I have some instructions here,
    http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip006.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: move y-axis labels on column chart from left to right side

    also you can select the axis, select patterns and set tick lables high

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: move y-axis labels on column chart from left to right side

    This doesn't move the tick marks (or the axis itself). Double click the
    X axis, and check the Value (Y) Axis Crosses At Maximum box to move the
    axis itself.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    tehran,iran
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: move y-axis labels on column chart from left to right side

    How we can do this in excel 2013 ?
    It is urgent

  6. #6
    Florida USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007 and 2010

    Re: move y-axis labels on column chart from left to right side

    Click in the chart, in Pivot Chart tools menus choose Layout. In the Axes group, click the Axes drop down, point to Primary Horizontal Axes, and select the bottom option "More primary horizontal axes options." In the Format Axes window, be sure the top right option is active "Axis Options", then near the bottom find "Vertical Axes Crosses:" and click the option for "At maximum category". It will move the vertical axis to cross the x axis at the highest x axis value, which is on the right (unless you changed it).

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    tehran,iran
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: move y-axis labels on column chart from left to right side

    thanks to friends for kindly responsibility