How to create trend line chart for MEDIAN in Excel?

  1. #1
    Nitin Gupta
    Guest

    How to create trend line chart for MEDIAN in Excel?

    I want to create a line chart showing the trend of MEDIAN value in Excel. The
    medain value is calculated for a range of cells in the sheet.
    I am not able to see the option for this kind of chart in Insert->Chart menu.

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: How to create trend line chart for MEDIAN in Excel?

    There is no premade chart to do this.
    YOu will need to calculate the medians on a worksheet and plot them yourself.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to create trend line chart for MEDIAN in Excel?

    Nitin -

    You can only get a trendline for a series that's plotting in the chart.
    Add the Median data to the chart, and add a trendline to this new
    series. If you don't want to see the points themselves, double click on
    the series and choose None for Markers (and for Lines). You can also
    hide the legend entry for this series if you click once on the legend,
    then once on the label in the legend (not the symbol), and press Delete.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services