Can I add a secondary (x) axis to the chart in Excel?

  1. #1
    ecanbay
    Guest

    Can I add a secondary (x) axis to the chart in Excel?

    I easily can add X axis to the excel chart. However, what I need is that I
    need to add both a X and Y axis. The reason is that I have charts in SI units
    and I want to also show the US Customary units in the same chart. The
    original X and Y axes are at the bottom and left. The new axes will be on the
    top and right.

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Can I add a secondary (x) axis to the chart in Excel?

    If I understand you correctly, you want a single chart with 2 sets of
    axes. If so, you can simulate the effect. Visit
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/index.html, scroll down and
    click on 'Singe chart with dual axis'

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

  3. #3
    ecanbay
    Guest

    The question is: How can I a secondary X Aaxis

    Dear Tushar Mehta,
    Thank you for your response. However, my question was simply adding a
    secondary X axis. I have figured out that adding a secondary Y axis is
    simple. However, How can I add both a secondary X and a secondary Y axis to
    an excel chart with XY scatter type of series.

    Best Regards.

    - Erdem

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: The question is: How can I a secondary X Aaxis

    Once you have the secondary y-axis, select the chart then select Chart
    | Chart Options... | Axes tab. In there check on the option for the
    Secondary x axis.