best curve fitting

  1. #1
    ladee_bird
    Guest

    best curve fitting

    Hi,
    Maybe someone out there can help me!
    I have a list of 500 experimental values. I also have a list of 500
    predicted values which I predicted with an excel mathematical model I
    generated. The excel model lets me change certain variable values which in
    turn regenerates and gives me a new set of 500 numbers each time a variable
    is changed. I wish to figure out which set of variables genertates a data set
    which most closely matches my experimental data. At the moment I have the
    data on numerous line graphs to visualise and some sets of variables look
    very similar. How would I statistically evaluate these data sets to reveal
    which is in fact the best fit?
    Many thanks for reading this. I hope I've made it clear and understandable.

  2. #2
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: best curve fitting

    ladee_bird -

    One approach is to go to groups.google.com and search for "excel solver
    curve fit" (without the quotes).

    Please do not post in multiple newsgroups (without letting us know).

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

    news:[email protected]...