Moving Excel Charts into Word Documents: font sizes change

  1. #1
    Sam
    Guest

    Moving Excel Charts into Word Documents: font sizes change

    May I please ask you to help me?

    When I copy an Excel chart and paste it into a Word document, all font sizes
    change. On the original, the font of the labels on the y-axis is larger
    than that for the x-axis, and yet once I paste the chart into Word, the font
    of the labels on the x-axis is much larger than the font of the labels on the
    y-axis.

    I have objects in the title of my chart [Brownstone equation - "alpha
    squared"]. In the orginal [excel chart] these objects are of the same size
    as the letters in the chart title. However, once I paste the chart into
    Word, these objects appear to be much larger than the rest of the chart
    title.

    Can this be fixed?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Moving Excel Charts into Word Documents: font sizes change

    Try Edit-->Paste Special options when you paste, Sam. Likely, it's pasting
    as a Word table into Word right now. Try pasting it as a worksheet object,
    or as a picture.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sam
    Guest

    Re: Moving Excel Charts into Word Documents: font sizes change

    Anne - Thanks a Million!!!!!!!!!!!!

    That worked!!

    I was going to print the Excel charts and scan them and then paste the
    images back into word. I have over 30 charts, so this would have been
    very time consuming.

    Thank you for your help!

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Moving Excel Charts into Word Documents: font sizes change

    Well, Sam. If you're doing this a lot, you might want to consider a macro
    for it:
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=133

    And... you're welcome!
    *******************

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Moving Excel Charts into Word Documents: font sizes change

    You can also copy a chart as a picture in Excel. I have some information
    about working with other applications here:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html

    Most of the examples use PowerPoint as that other app, but there are a
    couple Word examples, and the PowerPoint ones can be easily adapted.
    Just remember that Word doesn't have slides!

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services