Can it be done???????????????

  1. #1
    Tim
    Guest

    Can it be done???????????????

    Hi folks,

    I spent a lot of time on this project but I couldn't figure out the solution
    for it? Is it possible to be done? Please help.... This is an urgent and
    very important to me.

    Here is my data:

    M1 M2 M3 M4
    100 10 -15 95

    The M2 value is not 10. It is an increase 10 from M1. The M3 value is a
    decrease 15 from M2. The M4 value is equal to 95.

    I need a column chart:

    Column1 shows M1 value 100.

    Column2 shows M2 value 10 but not from 0 to 10. It is from 100 to 110 with
    a horizontal line connect to column1. In other word, the ending point of
    column1(100) has a line connect to the starting point of column2(100).

    Column3 shows a drop from 110 to 95. There also has a horizontal line
    between the ending point of column2 and the starting point of column3.

    Column4 shows the true value of 95. Its starting point also has a
    horizontal line connect back to the ending point of column3.

    Please show me how to do it? Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    Tim.

  2. #2
    Ed Ferrero
    Guest

    Re: Can it be done???????????????

    Hi Tim,

    You are describing a waterfall chart.
    I have a sample here http://edferrero.m6.net/charting.aspx
    but you might find Jon Peltier's example at
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html
    a bit easier to follow (and less buggy :^)

    Ed Ferrero
    http://edferrero.m6.net

  3. #3
    Tim
    Guest

    Re: Can it be done???????????????

    Hi Ed,

    You are my life saver. Thank you very much for the help.

    Tim.