disable right mouse click on a scatter graph?

  1. #1
    Engin H.
    Guest

    disable right mouse click on a scatter graph?

    hi everyone
    i want to disable right mouse click on a scatter chart.
    i need help
    thanks a lot

    Engin H.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: disable right mouse click on a scatter graph?

    By default, a chart embedded in a protected worksheet is Locked. This
    means it updates as the data updates, but the user can't change it.

    If it's feasible, unlock the cells the user is allowed to change, then
    protect the sheet.

    In a protected chart sheet, the right click menu items are disabled.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Engin H.
    Guest

    Re: disable right mouse click on a scatter graph?

    dear Jon
    i am working on .Net environment, i tried before as you wrote below,
    oChart.Protect("123", True, True, True)
    bu it did not work, still all controls are enabled when i right click on chart

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: disable right mouse click on a scatter graph?

    In Excel VBA, these two procedures are exactly what is needed to protect
    a chart sheet:

    Sub ProtectChart()
    Dim oChart As Chart
    Set oChart = ActiveChart
    oChart.Protect "abc", True, True, True, True
    End Sub

    Sub UnProtectChart()
    Dim oChart As Chart
    Set oChart = ActiveChart
    oChart.Unprotect "abc"
    End Sub

    The code is different for an embedded chart, because such a chart cannot
    be protected, only locked, while its parent sheet can be protected.

    It's hard to see the context of your command, with only that command
    posted. On the other hand, I am not experienced in .Net, so the context
    may not help.

    - Jon
    -------