Combination chart with three data ranges

  1. #1
    Joe Mac
    Guest

    Combination chart with three data ranges

    Hey all...

    I'm trying to create a combination chart with three data ranges on 2 axis...
    the primary data source is a volume category represented on the primary "Y"
    axis in hundreds, the secondary data source is a percentage category
    represented on the secondary "Y" axis in 0.00%... when using these first 2
    data sources everything is fine... I need to add a third data source , also
    to be represented as a percentage category consistent with the same scale as
    the previous percentage... Excel will allow me to add the third data source,
    however, when I do so I no chart the secondary data source, it is replaced
    with the thrid data source... how can I see all 3 chart series

    --
    Thanks for your help -
    Joe Mac

  2. #2
    Joe Mac
    Guest

    RE: Combination chart with three data ranges

    Hey all...

    I should have searched the threads before posting... I found valuable
    information in the threads that gave me the answer...

    Joe
    --
    Thanks for your help -
    Joe Mac

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Combination chart with three data ranges

    Joe -

    Don't use the built-in custom type. Make your chart with all three
    series as the first type. Select one of the percentages, then go to
    Chart Type on the Chart menu and change the chart type to the type it
    should be. Select the other percentage type and repeat (the F4 key is a
    shortcut for Repeat Last Action). Then double click one of the
    percentage series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. Repeat for the
    other percentage series.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP