How do I add one line series to a bar graph?

  1. #1
    Elliott
    Guest

    How do I add one line series to a bar graph?

    I have a set of data for a budget. I have it set up as a bar grap with actual
    data for 2004, and to-date 2005, budget 2005, and 2005 forecast for the rest
    of the year, I want to be able to change just the 2005 forecast information
    into a line. When I try to use the combination graph it forces half the data
    series to become lines the budget 2005 and the 2005 forecast for example. I
    can circumvent this problem by creating "dummy" data series equial to zero so
    that their lines are non-existant, but I think there has to be a way to set
    it up so that this isn't necessary

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I add one line series to a bar graph?

    Elliott -

    Don't use the "built-in custom" chart types. Besides being a strange
    oxymoron, built-in custom chart types are not very flexible.

    Make your own combination chart:

    Add the data as another column chart series. Select the new series, and
    using Chart Type from the Chart menu, choose a Line chart type.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services