Zero Values in Chart

  1. #1
    RUSS
    Guest

    Zero Values in Chart

    Can anyone please tell me how to stop a chart from displaying zero values.

    EX: 10 x axis entries but only the first 5 contain non-zero values.

    Thanks in advance.... Russ

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Zero Values in Chart

    If the cells are truly blanks, try Tools menu > Options > Chart tab >
    Show blank cells as... Not Plotted.

    If the cells only look like blanks, such as formulas that return "",
    change the "" to NA():

    =IF(A1>0,A1,NA())

    The NA() produces an ugly #N/A error in the sheet, but in line and
    scatter charts they aren't plotted. Debra Dalgleish shows how to hide
    the errors with conditional formatting:

    http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors

    - Jon
    -------