xy scatter with third value labels?

  1. #1
    Dennis
    Guest

    xy scatter with third value labels?

    I need to create an xy scatter graph with a third data value (temperature)
    labeling each point (label can be either text or graphical).

    Seems like this should be possible, even easy, but my extensive attempts
    have all failed. Does anyone know how to do this?

    I am actually doing this in an Access form but I believe the solution in
    Excel should be applicable.

    Thanks alot,
    Dennis

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: xy scatter with third value labels?

    DO you mean a 3-axis BY chart?
    Not really possible but Jon Peltier has a possible workaround
    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dennis
    Guest

    Re: xy scatter with third value labels?

    My data has 3 columns, first two columns are the x and y values that I want
    plotted, the third column is a value that I want to label the xy point with.
    x,y,T
    13.5, 14.5, 25
    I want the point x=13.5, y=14.5 plotted on the graph and for it to have a
    label of "25".
    There are five xy points and each will have a unique T value label: the
    first point always has a T-value of 25, the second 45, the third 65, the 4th
    85, the fifth 105.

    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: xy scatter with third value labels?

    You can use one of these helpful Excel add-ins to apply labels from a third range to
    your data points. Both are easy to install and use.

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

    - Jon
    -------