Plotting charts

  1. #1
    Atogeniqua
    Guest

    Plotting charts

    Hello all

    Does anyone know if there is a type of graph that allows you to plot by
    x-value and y-value. Much like the coordinates on a maps.

    The scatter chart allows you to plot by y-value, but the x-axis is by
    catergory.

    me

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Plotting charts

    Hi,

    There is an xy scatter chart type that will plot x and y as values.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Atogeniqua
    Guest

    Re: Plotting charts

    Thanks, I have just figured out how to do it..
    Is there an easy way to label these points?

    thanks
    me

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Plotting charts

    Hi,

    The data label will display x or y value. If you want something else the
    try using one of these free addins to link cell contents to data labels.

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

    Cheers
    Andy