[SOLVED] Omitting Part of the Y-Axis

  1. #1
    Dave McGuire
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Omitting Part of the Y-Axis

    Hi,

    I'm creating a chart with some values very high (hundreds of thousands),
    and some of the values quite low (hundreds) and would like them
    displayed so that their relative values are clear, but don't want a
    massive graph with a large blank space in the middle.

    How can I omit some of the y-axis values and replace with perhaps a
    zig-zag line as you might if you were sketching a similar graph?

    Cheers,

    Dave

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Omitting Part of the Y-Axis

    Hi,

    Have a look at this explanation. There are also links to other examples
    at the end of the page.
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Dave McGuire
    Guest

    Re: Omitting Part of the Y-Axis

    Hi,

    Thanks for this. I thought it was going to be easy. I might just split
    into two seperate charts.

    Thanks for the help anyways.

    Dave

    Andy Pope <[email protected]> wrote in