1 Chart - Different series format

  1. #1

    1 Chart - Different series format

    I presently have an XY line chart showing asset price over time. Pretty simple.

    X Axis - Time Scale
    Y Axis - Asset Price

    I would now like to add an additoinal series showing the volume of assets traded, ideally this would be as a bar chart sitting "underneath" the asset price on the chart. They would share the same X Axis.

    I have added another series, but this simply displays the volume traded as another line, and even when this is set to a secondary axis the scaling makes this unworkable. i have adjusted the scales of both, still this does not make it workable, i want the series as a bar chart instead.

    Is this possible ?

    Edit - That should read column chart, as i want the bars to be verticle.
    Last edited by chrisabberton; 07-28-2005 at 06:48 AM.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: 1 Chart - Different series format

    Hi,

    Have you selected the volume data series, right clicked and changed the
    chart type to Columns?

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Andy, thanks.

    That was embarrassingly easy, i don't know why but i assumed that would change the format of the whole graph.

    Cheers.