How do I select individual cells for a chart

  1. #1
    micachou
    Guest

    How do I select individual cells for a chart

    I am trying to select individual cell values for my chart but the dialogue
    box will only allow a certain number of characters therefore I cannot select
    all the cells I want.
    Help!!

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I select individual cells for a chart

    One of the most important tasks in making a chart is to properly prepare
    your data. One data feature that improves charting is having all plotted
    cells together in a single range.

    If it's not a dynamic selection of cells, you could select the cells
    (use ctrl+click to select multiple discontiguous ranges), then paste
    them into an empty range.

    If your range is changeable, note that by default Excel charts do not
    display information from hidden rows or columns. You could manually hide
    rows or columns, or use the AutoFilter to hide rows.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    micachou
    Guest

    Re: How do I select individual cells for a chart

    Thank you that will be useful for the future.

    I realised that the reason there was no room was because the sheet tab
    description was very long. I renamed the tab to letter A then selected my
    cells for the graph. Once it accepted this I renamed my tab.