chart/worksheet/macro interaction

  1. #1
    nc10001
    Guest

    chart/worksheet/macro interaction

    I am running a macro which simulates an engineering application. The macro
    essentially time steps, sending the data at each time step to a worksheet,
    and a chart is set up to display the data in graphical form.

    Problem - although the worksheet is updated at each time step, the chart
    only updates when the macro has finished executing - and I want to see the
    data being graphed as the simulation proceeds - is there anyway of getting
    the macro to pause while the chart is updated - some kind of handshake
    between EXCEL and the macro? (At the moment the only way I can do this is to
    put a STOP in the code loop.)

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: chart/worksheet/macro interaction

    Have you turned off screen updating or calculation to speed the macro?
    Turn them back on in each loop. Also try the DoEvents, which tells Excel
    to let the computer do some of the other things it's waiting to do, like
    refresh screens and the like.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP