How to enlarge stacked chart plot area

  1. #1
    Carole O
    Guest

    How to enlarge stacked chart plot area

    In most chart types, I can grab a corner and the chart will expand as I pull
    it. Not so with 100% stacked chart. How can I make it larger than 1/4 of
    the page?

    TIA
    Carole

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to enlarge stacked chart plot area

    Is it a pivot chart? The inability to resize the plot area of pivot
    charts is yet another reason I rarely use them.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Carole O
    Guest

    Re: How to enlarge stacked chart plot area

    Hi, Jon -

    No it isn't a pivot chart. This is what I'm working with. I just want to
    make the chart part bigger.

    FRESCO VINYL STICK ANYWHERE CANVAS CUSTOM MISC
    PROD 7867 63 0 0 48
    SCRAP 1216 0 0 0 0

    TIA, Carole O

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to enlarge stacked chart plot area

    There's nothing special about your data. I just pasted it into a
    worksheet, created two stacked column charts (one embedded chart, one
    standalone chart sheet), and I could resize the charts at will.

    Has your chart been protected?

    - Jon
    -------

  5. #5
    Carole O
    Guest

    Re: How to enlarge stacked chart plot area

    Jon - I thought I stated that I'm working with the 100% 3D chart - and see
    now that I didn't. It's the 3D part that isn't resizing. Sorry for wasting
    your time earlier!

    Carole O

  6. #6
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to enlarge stacked chart plot area

    I like 3D charts even less than Pivot Charts. Several of the 3D chart
    types, including the surface and contour charts, like to enforce a
    "square" grid pattern, so you could change the size of the plot area,
    but not the aspect ratio.

    - Jon
    -------

  7. #7
    Carole O
    Guest

    Re: How to enlarge stacked chart plot area

    I gave up - made it a flat chart instead. Oh, well - we tried!!

    Thanks for your help and punctuality!!

    Carole O