Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

how to create a multiple-color trendline in excel?

  1. #1
    zibel_boy
    Guest

    how to create a multiple-color trendline in excel?

    If I have a graph with multiple trendlines, and I want to have a certain
    trendline in a different color from a certain point, how do I do it without
    changing the color of the entire trendline?

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: how to create a multiple-color trendline in excel?

    I don't think you can directly, since the trendline is a single object,
    so you cannot format just a segment of it.

    You could fake it by getting the coefficients of the trendline (if from
    the chart, be sure to display in scientific notation with 14 decimal
    places to avoid rounding) then remove the trendline from the chart
    (because it will always appear on top of everything else) and manually
    replot the trendline from cells as two different series divided at your
    desired breakpoint.

    Jerry