Blank cells represented in area charts

  1. #1

    Blank cells represented in area charts

    I have an area chart with a 3D visual effect. The blank cells are being shown as 0. I have tried putting #N/A in the blank cells and I have tried to plot empty cells as interpolated. Both of these are not working. How can I get the blank cells to stop showing up as 0 in the area chart?

    Thanks,
    Cindy

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Blank cells represented in area charts

    Cindy -

    Sorry, area charts don't follow the same rules as line and scatter
    charts, when it comes to interpolating over a blank space. Tools >
    Options > Chart dooesn't have any effect, nor does the NA() trick. What
    I've done in the past is enter an interpolated value into the blank
    cell. I color the text red if I want a reminder that it's a made up
    value, or white to simulate the blank.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP