Gantt chart

  1. #1
    Aloysicus
    Guest

    Gantt chart

    Is there a way to break a chart in between a duration to show another
    information?

    Eg, column 1 is the time start (08:30), column 2 is time end (17:30),
    column 3 is duration (9:00) between column 1 and 2. However on column
    4 is lunch break start time (12:00) and column 5 is lunch break end
    time (13:00). Is there a way to show the lunch break on a gantt
    chart?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
    Aloys

    --
    Aloysicus

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Gantt chart

    Aloys -

    Here is an example worked out for you, plus a page full of links.

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html

    It's come to my attention that Excel 2003 has a few obscure behaviors
    which are different from older versions, so the procedure in the first
    link above may not work as advertised. When I get a free moment, I will
    work through it in all modern versions of Excel (i.e., 2000+) and
    describe any inconsistencies in the procedure.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services