Line and text box move by themselves

  1. #1
    David Brown
    Guest

    Line and text box move by themselves

    (Excel 2000)

    I regularly add horizontal lines and text boxes to charts, using the Draw
    tool.

    When I return to the charts some time later I find that both the line and
    the box have "slipped" lower down the chart. They can even end up below the
    x-axis.

    This happens all the time on some charts. but on others the line and text
    box appear properly fixed. So far as I am aware I am not doing anything
    different with them.

    Is there a cure for this or is it a program defect? Any assistance
    gratefully received.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Line and text box move by themselves

    If you use data series for lines and labels, they will remain anchored
    in place:

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP