User-defined (Custom) Charts

  1. #1
    BHARATH RAJAMANI
    Guest

    User-defined (Custom) Charts

    Problem: Super-impose line chart over stacked column, both data sets are
    different
    Data Set 1:
    A2:A28 -- Market Segments
    B1:I1 -- Months (Dec 2004 -to- July 2005)
    B2:I28 -- Market share (%) values, each column (B:I) sums to 100%
    Stacked column (market share) .. easy and done

    Data Set 2:
    Herfindahl Index - Values in B29:I29
    Line plot over Months .. easy and done

    I need to superimpose the line plot over the stacked column, how do i do
    that one?

    TIA!

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: User-defined (Custom) Charts

    Hi,

    You could use just one chart, as long as you are not using 3d charts.
    Create the stacked column chart to include row 29 (Herfindahl Index).
    Select this series and change the chart type to Line. You will probably
    need to move the line series to the secondary axis if the values are not
    %'s.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --