Modifing data to show up better in chart.

  1. #1
    Mike Punko
    Guest

    Modifing data to show up better in chart.

    My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000
    When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1
    is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900%
    = 99

    Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already
    have a second axis of 0-9000

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Modifing data to show up better in chart.

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000
    > When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1
    > is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900%
    > = 99
    >
    > Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already
    > have a second axis of 0-9000

    In some empty column add a formula =100*{original data} and plot this
    new column. Though, I suspect you will have to use a multiplier
    significantly larger than 100 if that series is on the Y2 axis. ;-)

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

  3. #3
    Dan
    Guest

    Re: Modifing data to show up better in chart.

    How do I use the article number you referenced in your reply.

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Modifing data to show up better in chart.

    What article number?

  5. #5
    Mike Punko
    Guest

    Re: Modifing data to show up better in chart.

    Thanks Tushar right after I read your reply I gentle....but agresivly hit my
    head agianst the wall. lol

  6. #6
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Modifing data to show up better in chart.

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Thanks Tushar right after I read your reply I gentle....but agresivly hit my
    > head agianst the wall. lol

    You are welcome and don't be too hard on yourself. All of us have such
    days. {grin}