x axis not showing correct values

  1. #1
    Micayla Bergen
    Guest

    x axis not showing correct values

    i have dates on my x axis, but for this graph i am not using all of it, e.g.
    it goes from monday to sunday but im only using monday to wednesday and
    friday to sunday, but it is showing the whole lot rather than what i have
    input.
    =('Rel. PE in progress'!$C$2:$CT$2,'Rel. PE in progress'!$DG$2:$DR$2)
    i am using this same formula for the values on the graph and they are
    showing up correctly. not sure why the difference
    thanks anyone

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: x axis not showing correct values

    Excel recognized the dates, and put a time scale axis on the chart. This means each
    day from first to last is represented, even if that day has no data point.

    Choose Chart Options from the Chart menu, and on the Axes tab, select Category under
    Category (X) Axis.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP