formating x and 7 axis

  1. #1
    Tony
    Guest

    formating x and 7 axis

    I am creating a scatter plot and would like the x & y axis to cross at a
    certain intersection. An example would be I have several different porducts
    that are sold at different price points. I would like the x & y axis to
    cross at our staple products price (x axis) point and quantity (y axis).

    Is there a way for me to point the graph to look at a certain cells for the
    intersection point?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: formating x and 7 axis

    Hi,

    You can not directly like the axis properties to a cell.
    You can do it with a VBA routine. You can even get it to run
    automatically by using the Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) event.

    Have a look at Jon Peltier's explanation, which you can expand upon to
    include the Crosses properties.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: formating x and 7 axis

    If you know what the values are, you can manually set the crossing points of the
    axes. Double click the X axis, and on the Scale tab, enter the value you want in the
    box for Y (Value) Axis Crosses At. Repeat for the Y axis.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services