Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

save excel chart as picture

  1. #1
    Scott
    Guest

    save excel chart as picture

    Can you save a chart as a picture? I know that I can copy the chart by
    "shift", "edit" "copy", and then paste it in another document, but can I save
    it as a picture.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: save excel chart as picture

    Hi,

    You can make use of the charts .Export method.

    ActiveChart.Export _
    FileName:="MyChart.gif", FilterName:="GIF"

    This may interest you if you want to export to image files regularly
    http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Scott
    Guest

    Re: save excel chart as picture

    Thanks. How do I use "Active Chart Export" from within Excel. In regards to
    your program, how do I install it for use. I ran it and it stated that it
    wasn't "signed" and therefore I needed to modify security.

  4. #4
    Scott
    Guest

    RE: save excel chart as picture

    Got it working.. Great program. Still not sure how the "other" export
    feature works. One question... does your add-in, convert the chart shown on
    teh screen or the proper chart - I'm a victim of the truncated lap top y-axis
    labelling. I can always export teh pics on my desktp, but I use mt lap top
    most of the time... Thanks again.

  5. #5
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: save excel chart as picture

    Hi Scott,

    Glad you got it working. If you modified your security level from High I
    hope you chose Medium and not the Low option.

    The add-in or exporting come to that will probably not cure the y axis
    tuncation problem.

    To use the Activechart.export you need to either place it in a routine
    (macro) or you could execute it from the immediate window in the vbe.

    The simplest way to create the routine would be to start the record
    macro. Store the macro in your personal.xls so you can use it whenever.
    Give the macro a name like ExportMyChart. Stop the recorder. This should
    then give you an empty routine. Click menu Tools > Macro > Macros.
    Select the ExportMyChart macro and press edit. You can now enter the
    following code so you end up with a macro like this.

    Sub ExportMyChart()
    '
    ' ExportMyChart Macro
    ' Macro recorded 26/08/2005 by Andy Pope
    '
    Dim strFile As String

    If Not ActiveChart Is Nothing Then
    strFile = InputBox("Enter name for chart image file", _
    "Export Chart", _
    ActiveChart.Parent.Name)
    If strFile <> "" Then
    ActiveChart.Export ActiveWorkbook.Path & _
    Application.PathSeparator & _
    strFile, "GIF"
    End If
    Else
    MsgBox "Please select chart object", vbExclamation

    Cheers
    Andy