minimum on chart

  1. #1
    mikey
    Guest

    minimum on chart

    Hi
    I have a line chart which plots data in the range 2100 - 3000

    How do I stop the chart having a big blank area from 0 - 2000 ?

    thanks
    Mike

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: minimum on chart

    are you sure you don't have an x-y chart rather than a line chart?
    if it is an X-Y chart you should be able to select the axis and select the
    limits
    if it is a line chart the data series must be immense.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: minimum on chart

    Even in an XY chart, if the minimum value is less than a certain
    percentage (66%?) of the maximum value, Excel's scaling algorithm
    defaults to a minimum of zero. Double click the axis, and choose a more
    reasonable minimum value.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    mikey
    Guest

    Re: minimum on chart

    "Jon Peltier" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Double click the axis, and choose a more
    > reasonable minimum value.
    >
    > - Jon

    Thank You, Jon - that was what I needed to know