bookmark a chart?

  1. #1
    me
    Guest

    bookmark a chart?

    Hi, I can hyperlink to cell A1 in a worksheet using this format:
    Book1.xls#Sheet1!A1
    byt I can't figure out how to name a chart or create a bookmark to a chart
    "worksheet" or chart object so I can hyperlink to either. Is this possible
    and, if so, how do you do it?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: bookmark a chart?

    You can't hyperlink to the chart sheet, but Jon Peltier has a macro
    workaround in his Charting FAQ article:

    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...?ID=209#jon016

    that you may be able to use.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    me
    Guest

    Re: bookmark a chart?

    Thank you, this was helpful, but doesn't quite solve my problem which I
    should have stated earlier. BookA has the hyperlink to a chart in BookB. I
    need to copy the chart from BookB into a new worksheet in BookA using VBA.
    How would I do that?

    Thanks again,
    Mike
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: bookmark a chart?

    A worksheet has cells, and may have chart objects embedded in it.

    A chart sheet has no cells, but usually has a visible chart as its "sheet". It may
    also have chart objects embedded in it, but that's an advanced topic.

    To move a chart sheet:

    Workbooks("BookB").Sheets("Chart1").Move Before:=Workbooks("BookA").Sheets(1)

    To copy a chart object:

    Workbooks("BookB").Sheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1).Copy
    Workbooks("BookA").Sheets("Sheet2").Paste

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services