Filtering and Charts

  1. #1
    Kirk
    Guest

    Filtering and Charts

    Hi,

    I have a whole lot of columns each that I want to graph top ten values for.
    When I Auto Filter and then bring up the top ten values for a particular
    column, I can get the top ten on a chart. When I want to chart the top ten
    for another column I have to change the filtering and this in turn changes
    the already created chart. Is there any way that I can prevent this from
    happening?

    Thanks for your time

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Filtering and Charts

    one way that may work for you
    plot the first "top ten".
    select the data series in the chart and click on formula equation. press F9
    the data is now an array. you can change the filter and add the new data to
    the chart again select the series equation and press F9

    an alternate way to do it is to select the top 10 in each situation and
    paste to a helper sheet. and plot from the helper sheet.

    if you want the chart to be dynamic.
    think about using the Large() function rathere than filters

  3. #3
    Ed Ferrero
    Guest

    Re: Filtering and Charts

    Hi Kirk,

    Let pivot tables do the work for you. Build a pivot Chart with a row field
    that has advancedc options set to show top ten. Use a page field to
    choose different columns.

    Ed Ferrero
    http://edferrero.m6.net/