Bart chart with lines showing % change between elements

  1. #1
    Tom
    Guest

    Bart chart with lines showing % change between elements

    I have 5 sets of data, each with a before and after amount that has been
    charted using a simple bar chart. Is it possible to have excel, using a line
    from the before element to the after element, show the % change between the
    two?

    I can easily calculate the percent change between the two, but if I graph it
    and set it to a line, the only way it can be seen is if I chart it on an
    alternate axis. Further, I just want a line from the top of the before
    element to the top of the after element, and a label showing the % change.

    Confused? Hope not
    Thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Bart chart with lines showing % change between elements

    I might be tempted to do this as a waterfall chart instead of a line
    chart. A floating column shows the amount of difference between before
    and after. You can put custom labels into the floating columns to show
    percentages.

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html

    - Jon
    -------