bar graph showing year of birth and death of several people

  1. #1
    Tom Gettys
    Guest

    bar graph showing year of birth and death of several people

    My high-level goal is to compare visually the life-times of many famous
    composers.

    I have a sheet with a column containing the year of birth and the next
    column has the year the person died. Each row is a different person.

    I think what I want is a "column" chart in which the start and end of a
    column coresponds to the year of birth and death of a person; each column
    would corespond to a different person.

    Can this be done with the chart wizard?

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: bar graph showing year of birth and death of several people

    the stacked column will work.
    set up one series with thr birth date and a second with the age at death

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: bar graph showing year of birth and death of several people

    bj is describing a floating column chart. This web page has illustrated
    examples:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ngColumns.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    Tom Gettys
    Guest

    Re: bar graph showing year of birth and death of several people

    Thank you very much Jon - this is exactly what I wanted!