Linking Chart items to files

  1. #1
    KtM
    Guest

    Linking Chart items to files

    Anyone got a clue on how to link
    each stacked bar(or similar) to a different
    file, so when someone views the file, he can
    click on the bar, to get a relevant document
    on his web-browser/similar(pdf, whatever).
    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Linking Chart items to files

    You can write event procedures that determine which point was clicked.
    Within the procedure you need some kind of lookup to see what document
    should be launched according to the point which was clicked.

    Here's an article on chart events:

    http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    KtM
    Guest

    Re: Linking Chart items to files

    Thank you, looks just like the thing I was looking for.