Chart Count over Time

  1. #1
    Stephen
    Guest

    Chart Count over Time

    I have a list of errors in an excel sheet. I was hoping to use a line graph
    to chart the types of errors over time. Each entry has a "Type" column and a
    "Date" column. I want the dates entered automatically as to better reflect
    the trends over time and at the same time have a different line for each type
    of error. I am still fairly new to using charts in excel.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Chart Count over Time

    I'd probably create a series for each "Type" and then plot the graph using
    the date as X and the Types as Y1, Y2, Y3, ETC.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Stephen
    Guest

    Re: Chart Count over Time

    Unfortunately, the data is in order by date and the types don't occur
    together. Excel does not seem to be able to recognize this and the chart
    doesn't turn out right (The chart is simply a line of zeros). I need the
    number of that type of error to be shown over it's corresponding date. So,
    in other words, I need a count of each type charted over each date. I wish
    to have the X-Axis spread out even and the lines to connect the points
    between the errors (like a someone played connect-the-dots on a scatter
    chart). Any ideas?
    Thanks,