Plot empty cells as: Interpolated

  1. #1
    Jaco
    Guest

    Plot empty cells as: Interpolated

    Hi All

    I have two columns (Data 1 and Data 2) that need to be consolidated (Result
    Column)

    Example:

    Data 1 Data 2 Result
    1 6 7
    2 7 9

    5 9 14
    6 10 16

    9 19 28

    I consolidated the data columns using the following formula:
    =IF(AND(ISBLANK(B3),ISBLANK(C3)),"",B3+C3)
    When a graph is created for the result column the graph return to zero at
    each "empty" cell.

    Could anyone please help to solve the problem.

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Plot empty cells as: Interpolated

    Either use #N/A instead of "" for blank cells or delete the formula
    where "blank".

    Jerry

  3. #3
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Plot empty cells as: Interpolated

    Hi,

    for charting use NA()
    =IF(AND(ISBLANK(B3),ISBLANK(C3)),NA(),B3+C3)

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel