Anomaly with Chart Labels

  1. #1
    D. Bishop
    Guest

    Anomaly with Chart Labels

    From what I can gather it isn't possible to resize the lables on a scatter
    plot. My problem I have is that the X-axis sizes itselt correctly to display
    all of the text, however, my Y-axis does not do this. Even if I put the
    exact same text for both labels the Y-axis cuts the text short. Furthermore
    it doesn't seem to related to the length of the text in the label. In almost
    every case it is the last two letters which are cut off. I have used excel
    for years and never ran into this problem. An example of the lables is shown
    below. Does anyone know why this happens and if there is a way around the
    problem other than using a text box to replace the label? Any help would be
    appreciated

    x-axis label = date of occurance : Displays = date of occurance
    y-axis label = BOD (mg/L) : Displays = BOD (mg

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Anomaly with Chart Labels

    This problem has been reported by many others - but I have never seen it
    with my setup.
    The workaround is to add some spaces at the end of the title followed by a
    period; or add some text and format it to be invisible (font
    colour=background colour)
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme