sorry, im new at excel but cant find this anywhere

  1. #1

    sorry, im new at excel but cant find this anywhere

    Okay hey guys. The problem I'm having is with a line graph. I have two lines. I have 8 rows of data, but I have no idea how to change the numbers on the axis for both the x and the y. What it is doing is on the X-axis it has 1-8 in increments of one. This is because I have 8 rows of data. What I WOULD like is for it to show up as (each tick) is increments of 500 labeled at every 2000 increment. I hope you guys get what I'm saying. I have no idea how to change this, and I have looked for a long long time. I appreciate your help.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: sorry, im new at excel but cant find this anywhere

    Paste your data as text into a reply to this post.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    rmellison
    Guest

    RE: sorry, im new at excel but cant find this anywhere

    Create a column of data next to your original data with 8 entries, 0, 500,
    1000.... upto 4000. Right click on your chart and select Source Data|Series
    Tab, and at the bottom should be an option for category (x) axis labels.
    Enter the cell range you have just created in here.

    Right click on the x-axis and select Format Axis|Scale tab. Deselect the
    first check box 'Value (Y) axis crosses between categories'. Change 'Number
    of categories between tick mark labels' to 4. Bobs your uncle.

    Hope that helps.