How do I place multiple charts in the same sheet?

  1. #1
    ledmari
    Guest

    How do I place multiple charts in the same sheet?

    I'm trying to place several charts in the same sheet, but I can't make it
    work. I don't want to print one page for each chart, instead i want to
    reduce the number of pages by placing 4 or more charts in the same sheet.

    How can I do it?

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: How do I place multiple charts in the same sheet?

    press F11 to get a blank chart sheet
    for each chart select location and have if formed on the blank chart sheet.
    format as you want it to look

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I place multiple charts in the same sheet?

    It might be easier to embed the charts in a blank worksheet. This way
    you can align the chart edges with the cell boundaries (hold Alt while
    dragging and the edges will snap to the boundaries).

    The "Location" that bj mentioned is found on step 4 of the chart wizard
    or in the Chart menu. Choose "As object in" and select any existing
    sheet (worksheet or chart) from the dropdown list.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    hjc
    Guest

    RE: How do I place multiple charts in the same sheet?

    I get the sense that you are not having trouble creating separate charts on
    the same sheet so much as printing them together. If that is the case, you
    can do one of the following:
    - instead of selecting the charts themselves, select the range of cells that
    contain the charts, or
    - select one chart, then hold down the Ctrl key while you select others you
    want to plot.
    I think the second method does essentially the same thing as the first, so
    if you have four charts arranged in a 'square', you cannot select the two
    charts in diagonal corners without the other two printing as well, but you
    should be able to get what you want by rearranging them and/or playing around
    a bit.

    Good luck!
    Hugh John

  5. #5
    hjc
    Guest

    RE: How do I place multiple charts in the same sheet?

    I get the impression that your problem is not so much getting multiple
    charts on one sheet, but printing more than one per page. If that is indeed
    the case, you can do either one of the following:
    - instead of selecting a chart, select the range of cells containing the
    charts you want to print, or
    - select one chart, then hold down the Ctrl key while you select the others
    that you want to plot.
    Since Excel still defines a rectangular print range if you use the second
    method, you might find that some charts print that you did not select.
    However, by re-arranging them and/or playing around a bit (with scaling, page
    breaks, etc.), you should be able to get what you want.

    Good Luck!
    Hugh John Cook