How do I create a comparison chart from a data list?

  1. #1
    comic guy
    Guest

    How do I create a comparison chart from a data list?

    I want to create a bar chart. On the left is a list of services. Each bar
    represents a company. Each company will be shown in the chart to offer
    services up to a certain point, so the bars will get increasingly longer
    until you get to the bar for my company which shows the longest bar because
    it offers the most services. Any idea how to structure my data to get this
    type of chart?

    -comic guy

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver

    What You're Looking For?

    I don't know if this will work for you? Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by DCSwearingen; 05-24-2006 at 11:30 AM.
    Thanks!
    Dennis

    I am using Windows 7 and Office 2007, all of my posts are based on this.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a comparison chart from a data list?

    Couldn't you describe it in text? Something simple like this:

    List your data in a worksheet like this:

    Services
    My Company 18
    Company D 10
    Company C 7
    Company B 4
    Company A 3

    Make sure the data is sorted in descending order. Select the data and
    use the chart wizard (the chart icon on the Standard toolbar, or Insert
    menu > Chart) to create a bar chart.

    Look at that! Much less bandwidth and easier for anyone to read than
    having to download, virus scan, unzip, and open an attached file.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services