multiple series of values graphed with indep. x values -possible?

  1. #1
    Gburg Johnny
    Guest

    multiple series of values graphed with indep. x values -possible?

    I'm trying to make a line graph with three different sets/series of data
    points (y values are dollars, x axis is specific dates). I can only figure
    out how to make it so that there is only one series of x-values, with three
    y-values associated with each x-value. Is it possible to have three lines on
    the same graph, but not necessarily common x-values in the data points. Let
    me know if you can help! Thanks.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: multiple series of values graphed with indep. x values -possible?

    That's a shortcoming with line charts. In fact, the name "line chart" is
    probably misleading you. Use an XY chart, and format the series to have
    lines and markers.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP