How do I rank chart data so it appears in a specific order?

  1. #1
    kim
    Guest

    How do I rank chart data so it appears in a specific order?

    I want to organize the charted results in decending order of longest bar to
    shortest bar so a natural progression or trend can be seen easily. Help!!

  2. #2
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: How do I rank chart data so it appears in a specific order?

    kim -

    Usually a chart depends on data in a worksheet.
    So, sort the data.

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: How do I rank chart data so it appears in a specific order?

    An alternative to Mike's suggestion is to do the sort through a named
    formula. Create a named formula named DataRng (Insert | Name >
    Define...) that refers to your data set. Then, add another named
    formula (SortedData2 below).

    DataRng =Sheet1!$D$5:$D$34
    SortedData2 =LARGE(DataRng,ROW(DataRng)-ROW(INDEX(DataRng,1))+1)

    Now, plot SortedData2. For more on named formulas and charts see they
    Dynamic Charts page of my web site. [I'm on a plane and cannot provide
    you the exact URL.]

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Multi-disciplinary business expertise
    + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
    Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...