Change permanantly default chart settings like colour, font..

  1. #1
    utopian_sorceror
    Guest

    Change permanantly default chart settings like colour, font..

    I use excel to plot graphs for class quite often, and these graphs have to
    adhere to some criteria like having a white plot area, small crosses for
    datapoints, etc..

    So far, when I plot graphs, Excel will use its default dark grey plot area
    and big diamond datapoints and Arial bolded font for axis labels, and I will
    have to change the settings manually.. I was wondering if there is any way of
    telling Excel to automatically generate a plot with the white background and
    all that other stuff? changing 30 sets of parameters a week is really getting
    on my nerves.. :P

    thanks in advance for the help.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Change permanantly default chart settings like colour, font..

    Create and save a user defined chart type for future use:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...stomTypes.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    utopian_sorceror
    Guest

    Re: Change permanantly default chart settings like colour, font..

    Thanks so much for the great advice!