No more new fonts can be applied to this workbook? Copying chart

  1. #1
    thmpper
    Guest

    No more new fonts can be applied to this workbook? Copying chart

    I have this ongoing spreadsheet with many worksheets. I normally copy and
    paste a chart and simply change the source data. I keep getting this error
    when trying to paste that "no more new fonts can be applied to this workbook"
    and it won't paste. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: No more new fonts can be applied to this workbook? Copying chart

    This page explains how you can put off that error until you have many
    more charts:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

    The problem is that a chart with autoscaling fonts uses twice the font
    resources on a chart with static font sizes. (Also I suspect the
    limitations are based on 1980's computer architectures.)

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services