Manually Setting Date/Time Range of Axis

  1. #1
    pittpanther
    Guest

    Manually Setting Date/Time Range of Axis

    I have an XY chart that takes data from two columns. The 1st column is a
    production amount (in cubic yards), while the second is the corresponding
    date/time.

    The data is plotted as expected (x = date/time, y = production). The
    workbook is automatically opened on a shift basis, to generate a shift
    report. As such, the data in the columns that the chart is looking at
    changes each time it is run. The problem with this is the time range on the
    x axis is not maximized for the date/time range in the column (i.e.: it
    shows a larger range than required). I would like to manually set the range
    of the x axis to maximize the viewable area of the chart, but it looks like
    Excel represents this in some floating point format.

    Is there anyway I can prorammatically change the range of a chart to
    accommodate this requirement?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Manually Setting Date/Time Range of Axis

    The following article was written with a line chart in mind, but the
    same approach can be used with an XY chart:

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services