  1. #1
    Danger

    Trying to format a chart so that only the 5 working days of the week are
    displayed on the x axis. The source data only has the five days (e.g.
    05/09/2005 down to 09/09/2005 and then on to 12/09/2005 down to 16/09/2005
    etc etc) So I have missed out the weekend dates.

    When I create the line chart however, the weekend dates appear automatically
    and just show no point on the chart, therefore there is a longer line between
    Fridays and Mondays!!

    Hope this makes sense.

    Does anyone have any ideas on how to change this? I have tried looking at
    Tools-options-chart and cannot seem to turn this feature off.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Line Chart with dates in 5 day working week only

    Hi,

    Try right clicking chart and chose Chart Options. On the axes tab change
    the chart to category instead of automatic or time series.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Danger
    Guest

    Re: Line Chart with dates in 5 day working week only

    That's got it! Thanks Andy.