What is the meaning of "No new font may be applied in this workbo.

  1. #1
    No New Font
    Guest

    What is the meaning of "No new font may be applied in this workbo.

    When updating each of chart data series in a workbook, the message "No new
    font may be applied in this workbook" appears prior to changing data series.
    What did I do to prompt this message, how do I correct?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: What is the meaning of "No new font may be applied in this workbo.

    Your charts are probably set to use font autoscaling, which uses twice
    the font resources as not autoscaling. In the font dialog, there's a
    checkbox for Auto scale, which should be unchecked.

    This is a pain to fix if you have enough charts to cause the warning,
    but I have some VBA procedures on the following page to fix an existing
    condition, and a registry hack to prevent it in the future. (Not prevent
    it, really, but put off its occurrance for twice as long).

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP